How to Hold A Successful Lantern Festival
(from idea to action)
1. Market investigation
Complete investigation and analysis is highly recommended before opening a lantern festival, Including: is there a proper location for exhibition, traffic conditions, power supply, local and surrounding consumption level, habits and preferences of the masses,has there hold lantern festival before, how is the effect, what kind of lantern festival is expected by the pulic and so on, to have a preliminary idea and direction.
2. Revenue forecast
(1) ticket sales
(2) total naming fee of the lantern festival
(3) naming fee of lantern group
(4) income of franchise fee (such as: venue and booth rental,food and beverage sales,etc.)
(5) all kinds of advertising revenue in the exhibition
(6) other income from comprehensive utilization and development according to local conditions (such as playground equipment,interative lanterns,etc)
3. Expenditure forecast and recommended proportion
(1) Lantern product accounts for 60% of the total expenditure (including production,shipment,installation,etc)
(2) Advertisemnt accounts for 30% of the total expenditure (including press conference, online and offline advertisements and activities, etc.)
(3) Management counts for 10% of the total expenditure (including salary, business trip and reception, office expense, etc.)
4. Decide to open a lantern festival
Determine the theme and features of festival, opening and closing time, location
5. Fund raising
(1) investment from organizer
(2) multi-party cooperation and joint investment
6. Establish a project team
The following six basic function groups are required for the whole lantern project, and leaded by an appointed project chief director
(1) planning group: responsible for the planning, supervision and coordination of the whole lantern exhibition
(2) art group: responsible for controlling the lantern design, layout and quality of the lantern sets
(3) commercial group: responsible for investment attraction and cooperation, various media publicity and advertising, and contacting with the government to obtain relevant licenses
(4) financial group: responsible for financial records, expenditure management and ticket management
(5) logistics: daily work such as staff travel and supply, and material storage during the lantern show
(6) security department: responsible for the security during whole exhibition
7. Cooperate with a professional lantern company
(1)Planning and design
Lantern company makes reasonable and complete design according to the theme and idea from organizer, folk customs and regional culture, investment scale, traffic, fire,security, emergency evacuation etc.
(2)production and installation
According to the contract signed by both parties, the lantern company makes detailed and strict production plan, ensures the quality, on-time delivery and installation at site.
(3)Light on and acceptance:
After the installation, the whole festival lanterns are lighted on for trial operation for one day, if there is no problem, project is accepted for opening.
8. Advertisement and investment attraction
During production and installation, advertisment and investment attraction should be entirely started
9, During the exhibition
Before the exhibition,security department should make complete security and fire emergency plan to eliminate potential accidents during the exhibition
10, After exhibition
Lantern company helps to remove all the lanterns. Dismantled Lantern can be sold or be used for next lantern festival. Second installation and maintenance service need to be negotiated by both parties.